So there is this AMAZING blog where this woman made the worlds most delectable brownie – Creme Egg Brownie! I know, I hear you cry ‘What an amazing idea – make worlds most delicious treat and ADD some of the best chocolate combos ever’. So I made them and the result can be seen above. They went down a treat by all and induced creme-egg-brownie-sweats! Check out there recipe here and make those around you smile…and sit down, refusing to be beaten by it’s chocolatey awesome-factor.
I really loved these brownies but wanted to make my own recipe combo and make them a little bit lighter; finding a base brownie recipe that I could add any goodies to, be it Easter, Halloween or Christmas…or just a Friday!
Check out the recipe and feel free to amend or change anything that you fancy!
- 125g Butter or Willow
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 Creme Eggs – cut in quarters
- 100g bag of mini-eggs (or more!)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease a brownie tin (8in)
- Stir in the vanilla essence, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add your pinch of salt and stir again.
- Get your bag of mini-eggs and smash them gently with a rolling pin – you don’t want them disintegrated, just broken up.
- Put the tin in the oven, on the middle shelf and leave for 20mins, a crust will begin to form but the brownie will still wobble a lot in the middle.
- BE CAREFUL though, under the crust it’s very gooey and the mix is boiling hot!
- Leave the tin on the cooker top to cool completely
- This will take about 3hrs
This mix is incredibly delicious and very chocolatey so I was able to manage a substantial 16 portions out of this tin with a bit of creme egg goo and mini-eggs on each piece.
The beauty is that you can add or take away as much of the ‘topping’ ingredients as you like or change them to something else; i’m thinking a kinder bueno one next, or peanut butter m&m’s!
Enjoy your creation!