So…I love my weekends and even more I love my la-ins, but it would appear that the older we get Grant and I are struggling not to wake up full of the joys of spring any time after 8am! This morning was no exception and at 4am for him and 7:20am for me we realised that very little can happen on a sleepy Sunday morning when the rest of the neighbourhood are asleep and we are desperate to finish our garden decking. Being the considerate people that we are and wanting to stay in our neighbours good books, I put on a load of washing and filled this morning with some baking…you lucky peeps!
This morning it’s a modified ASDA magazine recipe called Fudge Cake Bars which i’ve topped instead with Celebrations – Mars, Snickers and Twix to be precise…
Firstly I want to take this opportunity to encourage you to go and pick up an of the supermarket freebie magazines that you can. I particularly love ASDA’s ones but Sainsbury’s do great recipe cards and Morrisons is pretty nifty to. The reason I say this is for 2 reasons…1) They’re free and we all love free things, 2) They are packed with simple, delicious and easily amended/modified recipes. So check this recipe out and enjoy making it your own
- 175g Stork
- 105g soft brown sugar
- 255g Self-Raising flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 2tbsp Semi-skimmed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 100g white chocolate cut in to chunks
- 50g Willow or butter
- 175g icing sugar
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 1tbsp milk
- Mini-Mars, Twix and Snickers
- Preheat the oven to 180c or 160c fan and line a shallow tin (20 x 24cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Place the stork, brown sugar, baking powder, flour, eggs and milk in to a mixer and set on medium speed. Switch off once it is all combined.
- Cut the white chocolate in to chunks and stir through the mix.
- Scoop in to the tin and level the top
- Put in to the oven for 40mins or until it springs back.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack in the tin, when it is cold turn it out and remove the greaseproof.
- For the topping place the willow and golden syrup, add 1tbsp milk in to a saucepan and gently heat until melted – DO NOT BOIL!
- Sieve your icing sugar and cocoa in to a bowl and pour the melted mixture on top.
- Stir until smooth then pout on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with your tasty choc treats and leave to cool before cutting!
A super quick, easy and delicious treat to share with friends or devour with a cup of tea in the gorgeous sunshine!