A deliciously simple pudding to make when it’s cold outside and to be honest it’s not like we’re reaching warm temperatures these days! This is super quick and can be served with ice cream or custard. Give it a whirl and add your own twists. This can be full of many flavour combos; seasonal fruit like blackberries, blackcurrants, rhubarb or gooseberries! Yummytastic! Also replace the wholemeal flour to white if you’d prefer, and light brown to white sugar. Just taste as you go, seen as the more bitter fruits will need extra sugar!
- 600g apples
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 50ml water
- little slosh of lemon juice
Oaty-licious Crumble Top
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 100g butter/Willow
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 100g porridge oats
- Peel and core the apples
- Cut in to chunks and place it in a saucepan along with the sugar, water and lemon juice
- Pour these in to a greased dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees and start the crumble topping
- Rub the mix between your fingers until it resembles chunky lumps. Preferably do this with cold hands…it prevents the butter from melting.
- Pile all of the topping on the apples, this will look like a LOT but we really like crumble!
- Pop this in the oven for 30mins or until it starts to brown on top.
Serve this within 10mins from coming out of the oven or alternatively leave to go cold and refrigerate until you want to eat it – it’ll only need 20mins at 150degrees. Alternatively you can put it in the freezer and thoroughly defrost before reheating. Delicious on it’s own, with cream, ice cream or custard!
Happy Pudding Baking