So these beauties were created for a variety of reasons and I shall proceed to outline them, much to your bore and my delight:
- I LOVE Nerds…not just the one I am engaged to but also the tasty crunchy candies from Wonka that you either pay a fortune for in an Americandy shop OR if you’re lucky get HUGE boxes for at a fraction of the price in Poundland!
- I was going to the Zoo…A planned Edinburgh Zoo trip meant picnic edibles had to be created for Grant, Becca, Daz and me whilst we gallivanted around the Zoo on a Sunday.
- \I enjoy putting random twists on normal recipes
- My mates love Nerds…especially JoJo at school who loves my Nerd cupcakes.
- This recipe gave me the chance to make shortbread which I used to make every weekend at my Dad’s when I was little because it was the only thing I could make…
- As a result reason 6 has warranted it’s name…My Dad is a fan of Weird Al Yankovich…if you haven’t heard him, you should, he’s funny and provides pastiche takes on songs; one being White & Nerdy which you can watch here and giggle at whilst eating these…
So enjoy putting this tasty traybake together and put your own twist on it!
- 250g plain flour
- 75g semolina
- 225g butter or Stork
- 125g caster sugar
- 175g Willow or butter
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 397g condensed milk
- 200g white chocolate
- As many Nerds as you can handle – i’d suggest a BIG box!
- Start off by preheating the oven to 180 degrees
- Pop in to the oven for 20-25mins but keep an eye on it as it’s cooked once golden brown!
- This can be easy to do if you heat the knife first or dip it in warm water…this then makes a cleaner cut…please excuse my horrendous bonky cutting, it was late by this point haha!
And so you have it…a triple decker journey to flavour-town!
These went down a treat and the white chocolate worked much better with Nerds than milk would have done. Now to experiment with various other naughty toppings.
Love ZoBird x