These little beauties have been an internet craze and the second someone tagged me in a picture to this link, I just knew I needed to get a British ZoBird’s version on the web. I have mentioned this many times and will continue to, but I LOVE peanut butter and I LOVE Oreos. The problem with Oreos is that ASDA tends to know about my obsession and not only puts rows and rows of packets on the end of the aisles (sneaky marketing!!) but also frequently reduces the price down to 50p! I then go in to ‘Anderson Shelter’ mode and stock up, panicking about the fact they may become unavailable or worse…go UP in price! On this shopping trip in particular I purchased an embarrassing 5 packets..*shameful face* and made small talk with the cashier about ‘Oh they’re not all for me’ (LIE) ‘I’m going to bake with them!’ (LIE). So to redeem myself and my shameful lying I felt it was only right to actually bake with them and what better way than to sandwich them with peanut butter goodness and lather them in brownie mix…OM NOM!
These are incredibly easy to make and besides being ridiculously unassuming when baked, hold the delectable insides of a Humanities ‘layers of the earth’ resemblance!
- 2 packs of Oreos – AT LEAST!!
- 1 jar of Peanut Butter – depending on your obsession!
- 150g Dark/Plain Chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- First things first, get everything ready as when you start making the brownies it’s a bit non-stop. The brownie mixture comes first so that it’s easy to pour at a warm temperature.
Don’t you love my vintage spoons from my fab mate Becca…
- Put the mixture aside to cool slightly whilst you stack up the Oreo-Peanut Butter towers…it means a more consistent and even coverage.
CAUTION!!! Finger licking may occur here!!!
- Place in the oven for around 20-25mins…the tops should spring back and will look cracked.
These little beauties are bound to win you friends and definitely went down a treat at school amongst my Year 11’s and the Create Dept alike. If you can manage to not devour all of them, then I reckon they’re best when still slightly warm so the brownie is a bit squidgier!
Give it a go and you’ll be as hooked on Oreos and Peanut Butter as I am!